Brown Sunflower

Brown Sunflower
20 x 30 cm
Made from coffee beans and coffee paints on art paper
$25
IDR 250.000

How my idea works

I choose coffee as my media paints. For me coffee produces artistic color if we can manage it well on a piece of paper. Dark brown and light brown are the beautiful colors appeared from coffee.
The type of coffee can effect the color appearance. I use Lampung coffee to paint my art and Espresso coffee beans  to complete the element of my art.

I love sunflower, it has many philosophy meanings for me. Sunflower symbolizes of adoration. Sunflower turn their heads to the sun, which is the origin of their common name. Sunflowers belong to the genus helianthus, a reference to Helios, the sun god.

Sunflowers represented different meanings in many cultures. In China they symbolized longevity. In the Andes Mountains, golden images of sunflowers were found in temples. They were used by Central and North American natives to make oil for food, medicine, and dye. North America Indians in the prairies placed bowls of sunflower seeds on the graves of their dead. It is said that if a girl puts three sunflower seeds down her back, she will marry the first boy she meets. The sunflower's turning as it follows the sun symbolizes deep loyalty and constancy also symbolizes power, warmth, and nourishment (all the attributes of the sun), as well as haughtiness, false appearances and unhappy love. The dwarf sunflower stands for adoration in the language of flowers. http://dgtmb.blogspot.com/2011/10/ffr-store-presents-versus-project.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Menikmati Keunikan di Negara Seribu Kuil, Bangkok, Thailand

The hardest thing to do is letting go not because you want to but because you have to

Tips Traveling bersama Anak-Anak